Friday, February 7, 2014

I like this Nexus 5 case the most so far

Ringke Fusion in Mint from Amazon

I really like the Ringke Fusion the most. 
I haven't tried too many different styles but I've had three which cover a range of styles: 


Ringke Fusion in mint. Caseology TPU in matte turquoise. Some cheap flip cover case in mint off Ebay.
The Ringke Fusion is my favorite because it actually makes the device a little bit more comfortable to hold. Most of the comfort is thanks to rounded edges along the rear of the device. The rest of it's comfort is thanks to added grip from it's less slippery material. The case adds just a little bit of bulk but the rounded edges make it less noticeable than something like the Caseology TPU case (shown above, center) which has very noticeable flat sides.

Next to a Moto X sporting a translucent teal tpu case

The biggest downside to the case is that it discolored extremely quickly and without any sort of plateau. It started getting dirty, and it continued to get dirtier with time. Now it's a very dingy gray-mint and I'm in the process of looking for another mint colored case that will be as easy to continuously use. I tried to sand through the stained material but it didn't really help too much. Now it just looks like a sanded gray-mint bumper...

I just ordered a Cruzerlite Antibacterial Skin in teal so hopefully that'll at least allow me to perhaps pick up a case in a different, less-delicate, color.

No comments:

Post a Comment